About Barrie Seaton
dedicated to his clients ensuring their needs and wants are being met
Long story short
Barrie entered the real estate industry in 1995, after a successful 38 year career in the automobile industry. Starting out as an apprentice mechanic, through hard work and dedication he progressed through being a partner in a GM dealership, to creating new vehicle test reports for the Canadian Automobile Association. From there he was given the opportunity to accept senior management positions with some of the larger automobile manufacturers, where he worked closely with management at a number of different dealerships.
A number of the customer handling techniques he learned during his automotive career have served him in good stead during his time as a Realtor®.
Barrie is dedicated to his clients ensuring their needs and wants are being met, and continue to be met before, during and after the real estate transaction has been completed. He is especially proud of the fact that over 70% of his new business is created by repeat business or referrals from past clients and his business colleagues.
He believes very strongly that everyone should “give something back” to the community where they live and support their chosen profession through training and individual support. Following are examples of Barrie’s dedication to this ethic;
The Tri-Cities Chamber of Commerce and the Real Estate Board of Greater Vancouver
- member tri-cities chamber of commerce
- 15 year member of the Tri-Cities Chamber of Commerce, including 10 years service on the board of directors. Served as Chair for 2009/2010 year.
- 3 separate terms as a member of the Tri-Cities division board of directors for the Real Estate Board of Greater Vancouver.
- Past member of the professional conduct review, government relations and Medallion committees for the Real Estate Board of Greater Vancouver.
- 6 year member of the Board of Variance for the City of Coquitlam, past 4 years as Chair.
- Past member of the Economic Development Committees for the both the cities of Coquitlam and Port Moody.
- Past member of the Transportation and Forward Planning Committees for the City of Coquitlam.
- 10 year member of the Self-Employment Program Selection Committee with Douglas College.
- Charter President of the Rotary Club of Port Coquitlam Centennial.
- 4 years service as Chair of the Public Relations Committee for Rotary District 5050 and member of the Club Visioning and Ambassadorial Scholarship Committees for Rotary District 5050.
- Past Chair of the Rotary May Day Parade Committee for the Rotary Club of Port Coquitlam Centennial.
- Member of the Bequest and Paul Harris Societies with the Rotary Foundation.
I have the experience and connections, let me Help You
When it comes to Real Estate
you'll get no BS from Barrie Seaton
Your Source for Residential Real Estate Services in
Coquitlam - Port Coquitlam - Port Moody - Pitt Meadows - Burnaby - Maple Ridge