About Barrie Seaton
I am always dedicated to ensuring my clients needs and wants are being met
Long story short
I entered the real estate industry in 1994, after a successful and varied career in the automobile industry in both the U.K and Canada. After serving a 5 year apprenticeship in automobile mechanics and emigrating here in 1967, I decided I did not want to “swing the wrenches” any longer, and started learning all I could about, and studying automobile dealership management. My first position as a service advisor at the largest General Motors dealership in Toronto led me to becoming a business partner in a Chevrolet, Oldsmobile dealership in Newmarket Ontario. From there I was given the opportunity to accept senior field management positions with some of the largest vehicle manufacturers in North America. Being a part of these international companies gave me the opportunity to visit some of their other manufacturing facilities around the world. But, perhaps the biggest benefit for me was the chance to learn customer and client handling techniques from some of the best training session leaders in the world. These sessions helped me to create my own client handling programs and techniques, while helping me better appreciate all the issues and see the “big picture” whenever I am working with my Buyer or Seller clients.
I am dedicated to my clients and always want to ensure all their needs and wants are being met, and continue to be met before, during and after the real estate transaction has been completed. This dedication to my clients’ wellbeing and satisfaction has resulted in 70% of my new business being created by repeat business or referrals from past clients and and business colleagues.
I am also a strong believer that everyone should “give something back” to the community where they live and support their chosen profession through training and individual support.
Here is a small sampling of some of my past community activities that I believe indicate my dedication to helping others both inside and outside real estate;
The Tri-Cities Chamber of Commerce.
- 28 year member of the chamber.
- Chamber Member of the Year.
- More than 15 years service on the Board of Directors.
- Served as Chair for 2009/2010 year.
- Many years of service on various committees.
- Member of the Board of Governors.
The Real Estate Board of Greater Vancouver.
- Multiple terms as a member of the Tri-Cities division board of directors for the Real Estate Board of Greater Vancouver.
- Realtor(R) of the Year for Community Activity.
- Past member of the professional conduct review, government relations and Medallion committees for the Real Estate Board of Greater Vancouver.
The City of Coquitlam
- 10 year member of the Board of Variance for the City of Coquitlam, last 5 years as Chair.
- Past member of the Economic Development and Transportation and Forward Planning committees.
- Charter President of the Rotary Club of Port Coquitlam Centennial. Also served a 2nd term as President.
- 4 years service as Chair of the Public Relations Committee for Rotary District 5050 and member of the Club Visioning and Ambassadorial Scholarship Committees for Rotary District 5050.
- Past Chair of the Rotary May Day Parade Committee for the Rotary Club of Port Coquitlam Centennial.
- Member of all committees that fulfilled Rotary activities with the community, nationally and internationally.
- Consistently donated to the End Polio Now campaign.
- Member of the Bequest and Paul Harris Societies with the Rotary Foundation.
I have the experience and connections, let me Help You
When it comes to Real Estate
you'll get no BS from Barrie Seaton
Your source for any type of real estate anywhere in
The Tri-Cities, Maple Ridge, Pitt Meadows, Burnaby, New West, the Lower Mainland
and/or anywhere in Canada (by referral)